Will no one create a WikiFeet alternative for Europeans?

Dimitri001

Reaction score
WikiFeet is undoubtedly the best, most user-friendly and convenient database of celebrity feet there is or has ever been. I can't be the only EU citizen who was a massive fan and found the site very useful, so when it became unusable for folks from the EU due to that EU directive, I thought, SURELY, an alternative would emerge, but having now been many many months since then, it doesn't seem like there will be any workaround or alternative.

So, isn't there some way to get around this EU directive problem?

Can't a mirror for the site be hosted in Russia or some other Wild West of the internet or, alternatively, can't an NEW equivalent site be created that would be hosted somewhere outside the EU like China or Russia, so that we, EU foot fiends, aren't deprived of this basic and essential resource?

Can we either:

1. lobby the proprietor of WikiFeet to mirror the site somewhere outside EU jurisdiction

OR, more likely,

2. organize and create an equivalent site? We just create a site like WikiFeet and start from 0, collecting pics and uploading them.

Any thoughts? Anyone interested in doing this?

• Love
Reactions: ferdyporto

Dimitri001

Reaction score
Bumping this to give it one more shot.

I'm surprised by no replies at all. Are people not interested or it feels like too big a project... give me SOME sign of what you're thinking šŸ˜„

Pillman

Reaction score
For me the restriction is useless, with a VPN u can access without problems

Reactions: smoothsoles

ILoveHaileeFeet

Reaction score
and how to get that VPN... I love

WikiFeet... it was the only one that offered so many and high-quality pictures of celebrities' feet.​