Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have sad news today. Our MEGA account has apparently been shut down due to a violation of MEGA's rules.
There was no further explanation provided, and it is not possible to restore the data.

I will contact them to find out more and will keep you informed.

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They replied to me that our account had been terminated for violating the 17.8 terms of use https://mega.io/terms#Whatyoumustnotdo
Our publicly shared content has been identified as, quote, "illegal and highly objectionable".

It's true that I don't really moderate what is shared on our Mega account, except when someone reports it to me.
I think that what is most plausible is someone among us having the link to our mega folder has reported for a DMCA. Or not.

Unfortunately, we are unable to recover our Mega account and its data.

The positive side is that this incident occurred just before the annual renewal.

Now, we must consider whether we should find an alternative to Mega.
I set up a poll to gather your opinions.

My first ideas is:
- For now, no.
Let's focus instead on the forum rework.
OR
- Create a server for us, with software similar to MEGA, much like our UPload website.
This way, we will no longer have any issues with closed accounts or lost data. Any potential copyright claims will be handled by us.
OR
- Add the Media Gallery and/or Resource Manager add-ons to the forum
But I am afraid that it will change the way the forum works a little too much. From a technical perspective, it may overload our cloud if we upload a lot of videos there.

I am waiting for your feedback

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's weird... I'm still able to view the Public and VIP folders. Or am I misunderstanding you?
My Mega account has been closed, so I no longer have control over the files. It would be good to make backups before the data is erased. The subscription was supposed to expire at the end of December.

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have just sent a hundred emails to members who have access to the Mega shared folder, warning them to make backups.

• Wow
Reactions: jplath17

Baref33t

V.I.P
Access
Reaction score
As a dedicated VIP member this is a complete shock. I’ve never seen anything remotely underage or in question. We as a community of The lovers of Feet is very unwarranted and actually against what Mega started out to be. I am at a loss of words and very disappointed in what we love and are here for! WTH! It’s just nude women and feet.